Just a place to store and share stuff. Enjoy!
- Gemini 80-Bus Resource
- The Gemini 80-Bus Saga - Part 1
- The Gemini 80-Bus Saga - Part 2
- The TELSTAR Videotex System
PLEASE NOTE THAT FROM 10TH NOVEMBER 2020, PSTN ACCESS TO TELSTAR, INCLUDING THE TELSTAR PAD, WILL BE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED DUE TO AN OFFICE MOVE. THIS WILL BE REINSTATED ONCE THE MOVE IS COMPLETE. PSTN ACCESS IS EXPECTED TO BE UNAVAILABLE FOR AT LEAST FOUR WEEKS. PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES FOR ANY DISAPPOINTMENT.
The TELSTAR Viewdata System is a modern application that provides a simple Viewdata platform in the style of Prestel (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prestel). For more details see The_TELSTAR_Videotex_System
The GlassTTY YouTube Channel
If you want to relive the excitement of the communications revolution that started a decade before the internet, then check out the GlassTTY YouTube channel.
The following projects have now been moved to there own sites...
Genetic Algorithm Framework for .Net
Please Note that the documentation and example code for the The Genetic Algorithm Framework for .Net (GAF) has been moved to a dedicated wiki at https://bitbucket.org/johnnewcombe/gaf/wiki/Home. For an introduction to the topic using the GAF see the associated https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/873559/Implementing-Genetic-Algorithms-in-Csharp article for details.
GeoUK and GeoUK.OSTN
This is a simple to use Geodetic Library for .Net that will allow simple transformation to and from British National Grid. GeoUK.OSTN http://www.nuget.org/packages/GeoUK.OSTN/ is an extension to GeoUK that provides OSTN02 transfiormations, see the NuGet project page (http://www.nuget.org/packages/GeoUK/) and the associated CodeProject article (https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/1007147/Converting-Latitude-and-Longitude-to-British-Natio) for details on how to use these packages.
Source code is available here https://bitbucket.org/johnnewcombe/geouk/src
GPS Library for .Net
The GPS Library is a single .Net 4.0 Assembly designed to provide a simple object based interface to both the Garmin and Magellan range of GPS devices. In addition the GPS Library will support NMEA devices.
The GPS Library was originally sold as the Waymex GPS Library for .Net. Waymex IT Ltd no longer exists and the rights to this software now lie with me, the original author.
Whilst the original code is available at (https://gpslibrary.codeplex.com/), please note that the code has been forked by Nerzhul and is available as a NuGet package at https://www.nuget.org/packages/GPS.Net/.
The list below shows older articles, however, it is not an exhaustive list.
- Patching WordStar for use with a VT-100 Terminal
- Grant Serle's Z80 SBC using Tom Szolyga's SBC-Z80 Board
- Creating CP/M Disk Images using MAME, Socat and Kermit
- Patching WordStar for the Acorn Z80 Second Processor
- Patching dBaseII for the Acorn Z80 Second Processor
- Transferring files to Acorn CP/M Disks
- A Raspberry Pi based 'Bramble' Cluster for Docker Swarm
- A Raspberry Pi based Cluster for use with ipyparallel and MPI
- Using the Videx Videoterm with Assembly Language
- Sending and Receiving Files with Kermit
- 6502 Cross Assembly for the Apple II using MacOS
- Apple IIe RAM Swap the Easy Way
- Installing MediaWiki on Arch Linux with Nginx and SQLite.
- Installing Mutt with iCloud on Arch Linux.
- Setting up Node-RED for use with Arduino and MacOS
- Converting Latitude and Longitude to British National Grid in .Net/Mono
- Taming the Twitter API in .Net/Mono
- Removing the Bounce from a Rotary Encoder in C++
- Resizing a VirtualBox Disk (vdi)
- Building an Arduino Based TELSTAR Modem
- Using a Genetic Algorithm To Solve the ‘Perfect Matching’ Problem
- Using a GA in Intelligent Software Defined Radio
- Using MAME to Emulate the Apple II+
- Installing Dropbox on Arch Linux
- Installing Arch Linux on a Raspberry Pi 3
- Installing Arch Linux on Wireless Only EFI Laptop
- Installing Arch Linux on a Precision 690
- Installing Arch Linux on Virtual Box
- Installing Virtual Box on Arch Linux
- Installing AUR Packages
- Installing Telnet on Arch Linux
- Printing with CUPS (Arch Linux)
- Installing Bluetooth (Arch Linux)
- Creating an Arch Linux (ARMv7) Docker Image